Community Investment (Sponsorship)
The Kwinana Industries Council strives to foster positive interaction between member companies and with the broader community.
While the KIC is a not-for-profit organisation and is not a funding body, the KIC can facilitate industry community investment and in-kind support in two ways:
- referral of appropriate requests to KIC members for review; and
- coordination of KIC member support for initiatives with broad benefits to a significant section of the local community.
Current sponsorships are:
- Koorliny Arts Centre – Performance Season
- The Cruising Yacht Club – Cockburn Sound Regatta
- Coastcare in the KIA
- City of Kwinana Annual Community Concert
- Rockingham Festival
The KIC is not just about supporting its members, and industry as a whole. It is about investing in community initiatives, too, whether with money or skilled assistance in kind. Each month the KIC Public Affairs & Communications Advisory Group (PACAG) considers requests for community investment. Applications that fall outside KIC’s designated guidelines are referred to individual member companies, with KIC acting as a facilitator.